Fans of The Grateful Dead are never too far without new product. There are the Dick’s Picks sets, the various reissues, the collections, etc…
On March 23, Grateful Dead Records will change it up a bit with the release of The Best Of The Grateful Dead Live. It is a 2CD set with a carefully selected set of nineteen tracks from various venues. The dates run the gamut of time from 1969 to 1995. The dates are time-linear presented over the two CDs (see track list below).
There will be a vinyl edition of this called The Best Of The Grateful Dead Live – Volume One: 1969-1977, and contains ten tracks over 2LPs, with the contents of CD1.
All live tracks have been newly remastered for this set.
The Best Of The Grateful Dead Live – The Grateful Dead
01. St. Stephen (Live at The Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA 2/27/69)
02. Bertha (Live at The Fillmore East, New York, NY 4/27/71)
03. Wharf Rat (Live at The Fillmore East, New York, NY 4/26/71)
04. Sugar Magnolia (Live at The Olympia Theatre, Paris France 5/4/72)
05. Jack Straw (Live at The Olympia Theatre, Paris France 5/3/72)
06. Truckin’ (Live at Lyceum Theatre, London, England 5/26/72)
07. Morning Dew (Live at Lyceum Theatre, London, England 5/26/72)
08. Brown-Eyed Women (Live at The Tivoli Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark 4/14/72)
09. The Music Never Stopped (Live at The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA 8/13/75)
10. Estimated Prophet (Live at Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 5/8/77)
01. Friend Of The Devil (Live at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY 10/27/80)
02. Feel Like A Stranger (Live at the Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA 10/4/80)
03. Fire On The Mountain (Live at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY 10/31/80)
04. Bird Song (Live 1980)
05. Ripple (Live at the Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA 10/4/80)
06. Eyes Of The World (Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY 3/29/90)
07. Touch Of Grey (Live at Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY 7/4/89)
08. Blow Away (Live at John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA 7/7/89)
09. So Many Roads (Live at Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7/9/95)